What is a Dry Brush?
A dry brush is made of stiff bristles and is used to exfoliate dead skin cells and enhance blood circulation. It is meant to be used dry and on dry skin - hence the name "dry brush." Using the brush on dry skin increases the friction, which causes the exfoliation process to be more effective compared to using it on wet skin.
To enhance the experience, add dry brushing to your morning routine! When you use a dry brush, it stimulates sensory nerves, which increases alertness and makes you feel more awake.
Dry brushing is meant to be done before showering, so that you wash off any dead or flaky skin.
Helpful Tips & Tricks:
- Start at your feet and work your way upwards.
- If it hurts, you should use the brush with less pressure.
- You should not use this particular brush on your face. The skin on your face is more delicate and needs something a little softer.
- Add dry brushing to your morning routine! See more details above.
- Dry brush 1-2 times per week.
- Listen to your skin - everyone is different!
What Do I Need For This Process?
A dry brush - ours is made from natural palm bristles and has a nice long handle to help you reach your back.
Lotion - we highly recommend moisturizing after you shower, to keep your skin from drying out. We have 6 different body creams available-- all made with a shea butter base and scented with essential oils!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
There are many claims regarding the benefits to dry brushing. Some are true but not all. After reading several helpful articles, the information above is what we gathered and trusted. In particular, this article was the most helpful and included the most research.